Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th in DeQueen

We decided to head down to DeQueen this weekend and spend the fourth with my parents. It seemed pretty weird since we were the only ones there this time. Usually Brian and Amy are there and Mat and Marjle, but Marjle was off traveling with my aunt across the country. Friday night we went to watch fireworks and Parker really loved them. She kept telling her mimi, "again, again". She really loved the end when they all went off at once. After the last one, she said, "let's go bye bye". I am guessing she had enough.



Saturday we slept in until about 8:30, which is quite late for us, had breakfast and got ready to go and swim for a bit before mimi and papaw had to cook for the big fourth party. Parker, of course, had a blast swimming and had to show everyone her tricks.


Later that night, we headed out to the Ayer's house for a cookout and some entertainment and by entertainment, I mainly mean my dad and a slip in slide. The food was delicious and I want all of the recipes as well as some great entertainment. A volleyball game and middle aged men flying down a slip in slide. Enjoy!


Yes, that is Randy McLelland


No comments: